Tagu Fireplaces Safety Information
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
IMPORTANT: These instructions should be read carefully and kept for future use.
1. Only connect to properly grounded receptacles. This heater is intended for use at 220-240 volts. Never use with a normal extension cord or repositionable power outlet (socket/multi socket).
2. If the device is damaged, check with the supplier before installation and operation.
3. Do not use outdoors.
4. Do not use in the immediate vicinity of a bath, shower or pool.
5. Do not place the unit immediately under a fixed power outlet or connection box.
6. This appliance may be used by children aged 8 years and over and by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instructions to use the appliance safely and understand its dangers. Children must not play with the appliance. Cleaning and maintenance by the user must not be carried out by children without supervision.
7. Children under 3 years of age should be kept away, unless they are constantly supervised. Children between 3 and less than 8 years of age may only switch the appliance on/off if it has been placed or installed in the normal intended operating position and has been supervised or instructed to use the appliance safely and understands its hazards.
8. Children between 3 and 8 years of age must not connect, adjust, clean or maintain the appliance by the user.
9. Do not use the unit in series with an external thermal control, a programmer, a timer or any other device that automatically turns on the heat, as there is a risk of fire when the unit is accidentally covered or moved.
10. Make sure that furniture, curtains or other combustible materials are placed no more than 1 metre from the appliance.
11. In the event of a fault, disconnect the unit.
12. Unplug the unit when not required for long periods of time.
13. Although the appliance complies with safety regulations, it is not recommended for use on deep pile carpets or long pile carpets.
14. The appliance must be positioned so that the plug is accessible.
15. If the power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, service agent or a qualified person to avoid risk.
16. Keep the power cord away from the front of the unit.
17. Make sure the minimum distance between the back of the heater and the wall is 30 mm.CAUTION: To avoid overheating, do not cover the heater. Do not place materials or clothing on the heater, or obstruct air circulation around the heater, for example by curtains or furniture, as this could cause overheating and fire hazard.
WARNING: Service and repair of the product should only be performed by a service agent authorized by the manufacturer or by a qualified person, using only spare parts exactly approved by the manufacturer.
WARNING: Some parts of this product may become very hot and cause burns. Particular attention should be paid when children and vulnerable persons are present.